Marc de Bruin, Your Counsellor, Coach & Mentor
Marc is a Registered Counsellor (ACA Level 2), Certified Life Coach, Master NLP Practitioner, AusIDentities Personalities Facilitator and Mindfulness integrated CBT Practitioner. He has taught Diploma level counselling, and is currently enrolled in a Master of Counselling himself. Marc also holds close to 10 years’ experience as a barrister/solicitor.
Marc has spent his professional time since 2000 finding out HOW to successfully make changes in life, and now works with clients locally and globally to help them dramatically transform their personal and professional lives in stunningly simple and highly effective ways. It’s all about simplifying life.
Overcoming tough times in our personal and professional lives can seem impossible at times. Marc can assist you with making the seeming impossible possible.
The tools and techniques used in Marc’s Programs have a strong foundation in both Western neuro-science and Eastern philosophies. They are all about simplifying life. Modern research has found that “Mindfulness”, a state of awareness often promoted by Eastern philosophies, has measurable benefits on the size and structure of the executive functioning parts of our brain. Combined with powerful perception-change and cognitive restructuring strategies from more western, evidence-based modalities, a powerful mix for lasting change in a person’s life is available. More specifically, The Programs use techniques from, and are heavily focused on:
- Neuro Linguistic Programming and other (verbal and non-verbal) language tools
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness integrated CBT (MiCBT)
- Positive Psychology
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator and Keirsey Temperament Sorter
Marc works primarily with -and has had specific training in- the above modalities.
He holds the following certifications:
- Currently studying Master of Counselling at the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC)
- Master NLP Practitioner
- Life Coach
- AusIDentities Personality Types Facilitator
- Cert. IV in Small Business Management
- Cert. IV in Training and Assessment
- Diploma of Counselling
- Diploma of Community Services
- Graduate Diploma in Mindfulness integrated Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Bachelor of Law (the Netherlands)
To find out more about working with Marc, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH.